A Very experienced Instructional Designer with an aeronautical engineering background. I run my own business and have recently completed a successful two year contract with a large corporation instigated to design cutting edge instructional design to the UK’s Armed Forces. I am very experienced in the use of numerous design, authoring and graphics packages which has enabled me to design a significant amount of courseware for the Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Indian and South African Air Forces.
Recently contracted to Ascent; a partner within the UK Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS), to supply DSAT compliant courses to aircrew of all three branches of the UK Armed Forces. My Security Clearance (SC) is transferable up until March 2013.
Previously, I worked for twenty three years as a Royal Air Force engineer employed on numerous aircraft types in locations throughout the world. I have gained a very broad engineering education/experience and have utilised all of my skills since leaving the RAF to design industry leading courseware for clients around the world. I have excellent leadership skills and am a proven team player.
- 2006 Studied Renault F2K for Renault Technical Expert
- 2004 Studied CAA Aircraft "Without Type Rating" A&C Engineering Licence
- 2002 R.A.C. Automotive Technology Training
- 2002 City & Guilds Licentiateship in Aeronautical Engineering
- 2000 NEBSM Level IV in Trade Management Training
- 1999 VAX/VMS Commands and Utilities Computer Programming
- 1998-2000 BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Aeronautical Engineering
- 1985-1994 City & Guilds of London Parts II & III Aeronautical Engineering
- 1979-1986 O Levels / GCSE including English, Economics and Mathematics
- Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society – MRAeS
- Studying Adobe Captivate 5.5 and Framemaker 10
- Outstart Evolution Learning Content Management System (LCMS) software
- NxTrain Learning Management System (LMS) software
- Adobe Photoshop, Premier Elements 9
- Snagit 10 and Hypersnap 6 screen capture software
- Mosaic Storyboard / Review Application software
- P.P.S.E. - Pennant Presentation System (Editor) software
- Toolbook 2004 Course Design software
- Computer Based Training, Instructional Design Engineer
- Designer's Edge Enterprise CBT Course Design Programming
- Aircraft Technical Manual / Illustrated Parts Catalogue / Documentation Controller
- Lockheed L1011 Tri-Star Aircraft Flight Telemetry and Data Analysis
- Non-Destructive Testing
- MS Office Suite 2010 and MS Project
Running my business, Self-Improvement, Skiing, Golf, Football, Bowling, Music, Reading, Theatre and Information Technology.